Here is my solution from the book Everyday Editing, and a short video you can use with your students. As I've said before, I don't use the video to teach the concept the first time. The videos are used as a review for those students who need to hear me an extra time, but in a different way.
What do students say about the videos?
- I love that you can pause Ms. L and have her repeat herself.
- I don't feel embarrassed if I have to listen to a video 2 or 3 times.
- The video doesn't mind if I forgot something that Ms. L taught a few days ago.
- When I'm sick I don't fall behind in school.
- I can listen to Ms. L when I am doing my homework and out of school.