Why would you want to create them?
- When you have some videos that you have created, you can use them over multiple years.
- Students can watch them if they are home sick.
- Students who need extra time and pause you and listen to the presentation again.
- My students really enjoy the videos.
- Your advanced students can work at their own pace and learn more.
Here is one way you can use to create the video:
- Create a Power Point presentation of whatever you want to teach. You saw examples of that in my Rules video and Welcome to 4th grade video.
- Make sure you have a microphone that you can plug into your computer. You are going to want to use a plug in mic to get good sound. Here are all sorts of ones that might work with your computer: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=headset+computer&x=0&y=0
- You need some sort of screencast software. A free program that you can use is Jing. It will allow you to take up to 5 minutes of a video and you can upload it to their server. If you buy the program, you can also upload to youtube. (It costs around $15). I don't mind that the program limits me to 5 minutes. Really, much longer than that is probably too long for most students!
- If you choose Jing, you want to spend 10 minutes going through the tutorial.
- You are ready to create and upload your first video!
I highly recommend that you try it out!