Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Savor the summer

What one thing do you want to do before you go back to school? What one thing would give you pleasure or help you savor the summer? If you are not sure what you should do, try something you enjoyed as a kid!

This is my last weekend before I start back in the classroom. For me, the one thing I want to do is spend time with my family and parents and play in the water on the beach. I would also like to pick blackberries and make a blackberry crisp. These are two things I really enjoyed doing as a kid during the summer time.

During August, as a kid, I would pick tons of blackberries and make a fresh pie with my mom. (I'm going for the cobbler because I am eating healthy these days, and that is a good alternative:) I grew up on an island that has a perimeter of about 1.5 miles in Washington state. (My parents still live there). On a hot day, we would walk around the island and find a blackberry patch. Then we'd pick tons of berries. Most of the berries went in my mouth, and just enough to bake a pie went into the bowls!

Then, while the pie was baking, I would wait for the blackberry aroma to fill the house. I would know the pie was ready when I could smell it in the living room! We would top the hot pie with vanilla ice cream and enjoy eat bite.

This weekend, choose something you loved doing as a kid and savor the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment