Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What went well

This year I am starting to do an activity called, "What went well" with my students. Or the WWW of the day! They ask themselves two questions:

  1. What went well?
  2. How could you have more of that in your life or why did that happen?

So here is my first entry for myself:

What went well today was that even though I had a 100 degree fever yesterday and was still a bit sick, I had a great first day of school. The students were all very calm. I was able to get a sub I knew to come and cover me for the second half of the day. I was able to get some good rest in the afternoon and had support from my administrators about taking care of myself, even though it was the first day of school.

Why? I asked for help and decided to take care of myself, even though it was the first day. It was really hard for me to admit that I needed a sub on the first day, but it was absolutely the right thing for me to do. I am also so lucky to know some great people that I can lean on in my building and outside. And my family supported me in taking care of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, It is good to have self reflection. As a teacher you need to allow your learners to reflect your performance after lesson, this strengthen your competence.

    ReplyDelete