Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Saving Time: Time Management for your teaching & your life - 3 credits!

One of my most popular courses: Saving Time

When I enrolled in the Saving Time Course I hoped to find some practical tricks and tips for time avoiding wastes of time. What I ended up learning was not magical, but it was very helpful. I ended up learning a whole new way to conceptualize time.                          -Jed W.



 
SAVING TIME: Time Management for Your Teaching & Your Life (Course Number: ED440S)


Wonder where all of your time goes? Overwhelmed by everything on your school to-do list? In the course you will learn to work 'smarter not harder.' With simple strategies every K-12 teacher can use during planning time and at home, you will live a more balanced life, tackle your to-do list, and feel in control and satisfied at the end of each day.
Text provides immediately useful ideas. The required text is Time Management from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern is $11 new at Amazon.com and $3 used.
Click here to sign up for the class and finish your first assignment today.




FAQ

How much does the class cost?
The class costs $285.
Can I take this class if I am subbing? Yes! These classes are designed for teachers both in the classroom and also those that need to keep their teaching certificates current.

How many credits is the class?
The class is for three continuing education 500 level or 400 level quarter credits. 

What Students Say . . .

The most helpful parts of the Saving Time course were the required exercises. Taking a closer look at how I spend my time each week, opened my eyes to seeing that I am not using my time wisely outside of work. It was also very helpful to pinpoint my energy boosters, so when I am in the middle of working on a task, or in the middle of a busy day, I can turn to one of these things to give me an extra spark to finish the job.
- Sara R.

This is my first online course I have taken from The Heritage Institute.  I found the format and flexibility very appealing.  I also thought the teacher was supportive and thorough.  She responded promptly to my emails and assignments.  Her assignments were all applicable assignments that a working teacher could learn and grow from instead of busy work without a  purpose.  I was very pleased.
-Wendy S.

Websites and Resources:

Six reasons to take online classes


  1. Knowledge - stay up to date on what works.
  2. Scheduling - you can finish the assignments when you want.
  3. Convenience - you can finish the first assignment today and already be finished with 10% of the class.
  4. Practical - earn graduate level credits to renew your license.
  5. Advancement - don't lose on the opportunity to make more money and move up the pay scale.
  6. Confidence - learn something new and become a better teacher.

Why sign up today?

Most students finish this class in less than three months. Some students even finish the class in 2 weeks. Now is a great time to sign up and earn some credits and learn new skills.


Click here to sign up for the class and finish your first assignment today. (Course Number: ED440S)
 




P. S. You can sign up for the class and change your mind anytime during the first 30 days.



You can easily cancel your registration, by phone, email or fax. No questions asked. Everything, minus a $20 fee, will be refunded (by the University). 

No comments:

Post a Comment