What some our math lessons now look like is the following:
- First 10 minutes = mini-lesson for everyone on the objective of the day.
- 2 minute quiz - I ask one or two questions, the students write the answer, or can write that they would like to continue working with me. Normally 3-5 students are able to move onto working independently, and can do so on the computer. These are the same students that would potentially be bored with the whole class, or would be trying to answer all of the questions.
- Next 20 minutes - Guided practice
- 2 minute quiz - Normally, I just have 5-10 students left after this quiz. Students who show mastery go onto a computer, with 2-3 students sharing each computer.
- Till end of class - Reteach with small group in a different way