Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Favorite exercise book

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite exercise books!

In our classroom, we have a two minute exercise break every day at 9:50. The students can also let me know if they need to move at other times during the day. We get a ton done during these two minute breaks. I got the idea for breaks from this book, which mainly focuses on becoming stronger.

I have two different routines I do with students. My first routine is the one we do most frequently. That is the interval routine.

  • Jump in place for 20 seconds
  • Rest while standing for 10 seconds
  • Run in place for 20 seconds
  • Rest while standing for 10 seconds
  • Repeat the first four steps for a second minute
The routine just takes 2 minutes and gets everyone moving!

My second routine is for strength. For that routine (which is talked about in the book 90 Second Fitness Solution) we do the plank position for 30 seconds (slowly moving up to 90 seconds) and then a wall sit for 30 seconds ( also moving up to 90 seconds.) After moving, my students are focused and ready to learn again!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Is this a classroom strategy or school wide? I think an exercise break is an awesome thing to add into a regular routine. It will definitely be something I include when I have my own classroom :)

    ReplyDelete