Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sentence frames for tutoring time

Why have one teacher in the classroom, when I can have 4 or 5? I use students for tutoring all of the time! Students make great tutors, especially the students who are just at benchmark. They know what it is like to work hard to learn something, and benefit from teaching it to a peer.

Why don't I use my highest students as tutors? Too often, they can not break down what they have learned into steps. They don't gain as much from tutoring. They are less tolerant of the time it takes my strategic learners to learn and retain something new. I sometimes use my highest fliers, but not very often!

Now, too often students tell the other child what to do, but don't explain why or verify for understanding. So, now I am using sentence frames with tutoring. Feel free to use this format, or take the idea and make it your own!

If you use the sentence frames, as a thank you to me, please share this site with some teachers who might enjoy it!

Thank!
Sacha

Sentence Frames For Tutoring Time

Online classes I offer for teachers through HOL.edu:


RENEWING OURSELVES & OUR TEACHING
FIRST DAYS OF SCHOOL: From Stress to Success
ORGANIZING FROM THE INSIDE OUT
SAVE TIME: Time Management for Your Teaching & Your Life   

No comments:

Post a Comment